– view a new oil painting of erica’s, “The Fault in My Foundation (Avalanche Cascade)” in The Art of Books group exhibit at Woodruff’s Art Center Sept 21 – Oct 29. Opening Reception Thursday Sept 21, 5 – 7 pm.
– erica is excited to be part of Cotuit Center for the Arts’ third Piece by Piece exhibit through July 31. 150 artists each recreated a portion of a painting on a scale of 15″ x 15″ and on June 24, 5 – 7 pm, during the opening reception, all panels will be assembled to reveal one gigantic work of collaborative art. Original works by participating artists will also be on view in the accompanying gallery, including one of erica’s oil paintings from her nails series.
– erica is pleased to be heading back to the island as part of a group of 50 artists for the 2nd annual Cuttyhunk Plein Air event, June 17.
– Not-previously-exhibited oil paintings from erica’s “nails & spikes” series will be included in the Freelance Artists Network group show at the Sigel Gallery at Falmouth Art Center, June 1 – 30, 2017. Opening Reception: Friday, June 2, 4 – 6pm. Click Here for more information and to RSVP to this show.
– erica will be teaching a Sketching on Location Workshop through the Cape Cod Art Association this Sept 10. Designed for beginners, the workshop will cover popular portable materials, some basic drawing techniques and will be formatted as an informal outdoor Sketchcrawl. This workshop is full, click here for waitlist information and a possible second date.
– erica is looking forward to Cuttyhunk Plein Air, Sat, June 18. This inaugural event will see artists arriving on the island for a day of outdoor painting, followed by the juried “ARTY” exhibit & wine reception.
– Join erica for a free SketchCrawl during this year’s Arts Alive Festival in downtown Falmouth. Sun, June 19 11 a.m. – 1 pm. This is a free event— bring your own supplies and join like-minded creative types for an hour or two of outdoor sketching on any subject that catches your eye. Followed by coffee and sharing of your sketches. Meet at the Katharine Lee Bates statue in front of the Falmouth Public Library.
– erica is teaching a Sketching on Location Workshop through the Cape Cod Art Association this Spring. Designed for beginners, the workshop covers popular portable materials, some basic drawing techniques and is formatted similar to informal outdoor Sketchcrawls.
– “Un-Opening” Reception Weds, Feb 24 5 – 7:30pm Help erica celebrate & say goodbye to 3 productive years in her studio at Cataumet Arts Center. She’s moving out & will continue painting in her new home studio. Stop by after work for a mid-week break, chill with some great refreshments and maybe even hear some music by the talented John Beninghof .
– erica will be in the studio Sat, Nov 28 from 1-5 pm as part of Cataumet Arts Center’s Holiday Open House weekend and Sat, Dec 12 1-4pm for Open Studios.
– erica has been invited to contribute to Oysters for the Sea, an exhibit which will run during Oyster Week Oct. 17 -24 as part of the 6th International Oyster Symposium, calendar of events, “bringing the people of the world together who have linkage to oyster science, industry, and culture for the benefit of humankind and the environment.” Reception is Oct 22 5 – 6:30pm at Sea Crest Beach Hotel.
– erica is excited to join a number of talented artists for Capture the Cape, an en plein air painting event in charming Orleans village, Columbus Day weekend. A fresh paint reception will be held that evening featuring the Bert Jackson Trio. Painting in the morning October 10 in the Main St. vicinity, Reception from 4:30 – 7pm at Addison Art Gallery.
– erica is honored to have received the Juror’s Choice award, for her oil painting Night Fight at Charlie’s Kitchen, from juror Megan Hinton, at the Falmouth Art Center’s Juried Abstract Exhibition, on view Aug 27 – Sept 15. Reception Friday September 11, 4 – 6pm.
– erica will be in the studio for Open Studios, in conjunction with the Summer Exhibit Reception at Cataumet Arts Center, Friday, September 4, 4 – 6pm.
– Visit erica in her studio during the 37th Annual Cataumet Artisan Fair at the Cataumet Arts Center, Sunday, Aug 2.
– view two of erica’s floral still life paintings in the West Falmouth Library’s Annual Art Show & Sale, July 24 – Aug 8. Opening Reception with the artists is Friday, July 24, 5:30 – 7:30pm.
– erica has submitted her painting Springtime at Stoney to the Woods Hole Community Art Show, at the Community Hall, July 19 – July 26. Opening Reception: Sunday July 19, 7pm.
– erica’s painting, Sea View, Lerici, has been accepted in the Falmouth Art Center’s Summer Juried Exhibit, July 2 – Aug 3. Reception Friday, July 17, 4-6pm.
– erica is excited to contribute to Piece by Piece at Cotuit Center for the Arts, a surprise large-scale collaborative installation. Over 100 artists received a small portion of an unidentified artwork to recreate in any medium they chose. The assembled pieces and the completed artwork will be unveiled at the Opening Reception on Weds., July 15, 6 – 7:30 pm.
– Stop by the first Artisan Night of the season at Reflections by Robin on July 3rd, 5 – 7pm. Robin personally collects treasures from the seaside and hand crafts one-of-a-kind decorative window art and functional pieces, often customizing with personal mementos of her clients. erica will be offering her signature series of illustrated prints. Enjoy some wine and tasty treats.
– June 13 from 8am – noon, erica will be participating in a group en plein air event Painting East Orleans sponsored by Addison Art Gallery of Orleans.
– This event has been postponed! I will share a rescheduled date soon. Join erica for another SketchCrawl June 21 during ArtsFalmouth’s ArtsAlive Festival in downtown Falmouth. 11 a.m. – 1 pm. This is a free event— bring your own supplies and join some like minded creative types for an hour or two of outdoor sketching on any subject that catches your eye. Followed by coffee and sharing of your sketches. Meet at the Katharine Lee Bates statue in front of the Falmouth Public Library.
– erica will be in the studio for a special holiday event at Cataumet Arts Center: The Eleventh Hour Shop. Special Friday Hours on Dec 19th, from 10 am to 9pm, allow for you to pick up that last minute gift or just come in and browse in a relaxing and festive atmosphere for handmade items that make a unique gift. Pottery, hand-woven scarves, jewelry, paintings, photography, wood turned bowls & hand-carved birds, hand-made rugs & more. Meet local artists and artisans. Live music, open studios, ornament making, refreshments. Drop in anytime!
– erica is honored to be participating in one of her own favorite holiday events, The Barn Pottery and Hatchville Pottery Extravaganza, Dec 13 & 14, 10 am – 4pm, 359 Barlows Landing Rd., Pocasset. Each year, potters Hollis Engley and Kim Medeiros host this fun event, featuring free egg nog cups, chili dogs, and a kiln opening. They also invite other artists and craftspersons and this year’s sale features glass by Bryan Randa, silkscreen designs by Timothy Ellis Cole and jewelry by Kim Collins.
– Stop by and visit erica in the studio during the Holiday Open House, Nov. 29 10am – 5pm at Cataumet Arts Center. In addition to the fine arts & artistry of over 40 Cape Cod artists in the Artful Way Gallery, artists will be present in the gallery with their work. Resident artists will be in their studios. Refreshments include hot cider and Kay’s Cookies. There will also be a special drop-in holiday fresh greens making workshop (greens, materials and guidance provided).
– erica is very happy to be part of Seaside Painters: A Summer of Portraits from Nobska Beach and the simultaneously running Seeing the Light – Plein Air Landscapes from Painters on Cape Cod both at Cataumet Arts Center, September 13 – October 12. Meet the Artists Reception Sunday, September 21, 3-5pm. For more information visit Cataumet Arts Center events page.
– erica is looking forward to participating in the Mini-Masterpiece Sale at the Falmouth Art Center Sat. Aug. 9. All the paintings will be unframed 5″ x 7″ canvas, each priced at $60. Artists’ signatures will be hidden on the back; will you know which one is hers?
– view erica’s painting Cool Calm, MacDougall’s Boatyard in the Falmouth Art Center’s member show “ARTIST’S CHOICE: Showcase your FRESH & FAVE work” Aug 7 – 25. Opening Reception is Friday, Aug 8, 5 – 7pm.
– Visit erica during Open Studios as part of the 36th Annual Cataumet Artists Fair, Sun. Aug 3, 2014, 10 am-4 pm which features a wide range of offerings: basket weaving and glass making demonstrations, painting, sculpture, fiber arts, pottery, furniture, nautical art, jewelry, photography, wood turning, live music with the Falmouth Fiddlers, storytelling by David Ward, kids activities and a variety of food.
– erica has two pieces in the annual West Falmouth Library Art Show and Sale, July 18 – Aug 2. Opening Reception is Friday, July 18 5:30 – 7:30pm.
– View erica’s oil paintings at the Falmouth Public Library during the month of June (May 30 – June 25).
– Stop in and visit erica during Open Studios at Cataumet Arts Center, Sunday, June 15, 1-5pm.
– Read about Summer Sketch Crawl at the official Urban Sketchers website! Thank you to everyone who joined us to draw and share their work, esp. Mike Daikubara for the writeup at USK. To see more images, check out the Facebook event page.
– View erica’s paintings Bygone Days and Cobalt Sunflowers in the show at Falmouth Art Center Jan 9 -27.
– Visit erica during Cataumet Arts Center’s Open Studios, Saturday Aug 31, 10am – 3pm.
– See erica’s work in the first annual Old Cataumet Schoolhouse Art Show, Aug 22-25. 12-5pm each day, 1200 County Rd., Cataumet, MA. Opening Reception Friday Aug 23, 3-5pm.
– erica was happy to be one of 25 artists invited to participate in the Artists and Estuaries exhibit to benefit Waquoit Bay Reserve. This exhibit was on view at the Falmouth Art Center and the WBNERR campus followed by a reception and auction.
– Framed Hahnemühle fine art prints of erica’s humorous Cape-themed illustrations are available at Artisan Salon in Falmouth through Aug. 15th.
– Read the full press release on erica’s new studio space here.
– erica was so pleased to be featured in the Jan/Feb issue of Cape Cod Magazine. A full page in their “cape closeup: news and style from around the cape” section features a writeup and three of her newest illustrations.
– Thank you to everyone who came to see Sketches in Oil and on Paper at Maser Gallery in Falmouth during December. If you missed it, Marilyn Rowland of Notes on the Arts interviewed erica and Garison Weiland. You can watch the video here at Marilyn’s blog, including images of erica’s small scale prints (of selected sketchbook images from over 18 years) along with Gary’s paintings.
– The July 2012 issue of Cape Cod Magazine, featured a wonderful profile on mosaic artist Jim Bowen. erica has had the pleasure of working with Jim on several projects, and was flattered to get a little shout out in the article as well. Click here to read the story online.
– erica organizes occasional Sketch Crawls in the Falmouth area. Click on the Facebook event page for images of a Woods Hole sketch meetup, including our run-in with Red Chair and a bit of local press. View a past Falmouth sketch event at the Facebook page here. Contact erica or check back here or on Facebook for info on the next meetup. The group typically meet, sketch/draw/paint for two hours and then regroup to share work or just chew the fat over some coffee.
– “Like” Wisha Studios on Facebook – Keep up with posts and images of current projects.
– Shop Wisha Studios online at Etsy! Check back for these illustrations on other items, like tees, totes, cards and more!
– Follow wishastudios on Twitter! erica shares useful info for artists, articles she’s reading online about artists, creativity, art business, exhibits and what’s going on in local arts scene and in the greater art world, including art she encounters on her travels.
– Check out InsideOUT Cape Cod, “the insider’s guide to going out,” for the latest local music, food + drink, arts, film and lifestyle content. erica designed the postcard and poster announcing the launch of the IO website and also created spot illustrations for their paper publication. She was also a contributing columnist and writer. Links to all her IO writing, as well as copies of reviews of local art shows and artists published in the Falmouth Enterprise, are linked in the writing tab, under etc.
– Check out Falmouth’s very own mosaic school at both beautiful Highfield Hall and the Falmouth Art Center. erica created a business logo for the Bowens utilizing some of the themes of her logo design created for the successful 2011 Mosaic exhibition. Check out Cape Cod Mosaic Workshops’ website for the schedule of classes, events and blog.
– erica is honored that writer Steven Withrow chose her painting “Menauhant” for the cover of his e-book of poetry. Read his incredible work and learn about his various awards, book and film projects, including Poetry Advocates for Children & Young Adults, a “grassroots, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting poetry for young people,” at Crackles of Speech.
– Visit the website for The Artisan Salon for photography by ben and erica!
– Stop by the beautifully refurbished main branch of the Falmouth Public Library, reference room, to view erica’s literary based mixed-media canvas panels!